Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Green Tea Causing Gout?


In summary, I believe it was the "strong" green tea got me immediate Gout attack.  I believe the  "youth papaya green tea" should work for Gout.  We just need a light dose of green tea.  Also, there are many kinds of green tea. We may need to pick "Longjing Tea"........

If you are interested in my experience with Green Tea, please read on.....

In Chinese diet, we have many different kinds of soups or foods that serve the purpose of making us healthy.  These diets are not medicine.  They are not supposed to cure your sickness but to help you getting better.  The interesting thing is we do not know exactly if they work or not.  We just trust them and they are in our culture.  In my opinion, some of them actually work while some work psychologically.

Nevertheless, my family had been searching for such a diet that helps Gout for a while.  There is nothing to loose for trying.  Of course, we got many suggestions in return.  Among them, "youth papaya green tea" was heard from different sources.  First, a Chinese MD in South Africa had told me about this.  Also, my brother heard of it from another source (I don't remember the source).  One day,  I read some advertisement on the newspaper mentioning the function of "Youth papaya green tea" to improve Gout.  So, my wife and I believed this was worthy to try.

Last month, I got Gout attack again. So, my wife bought a "youth papaya" and some "green tea".  At first, she boiled two green tea bag with the "youth papaya" for about a hour.  Then she thought two bags were not strong enough and added one more tea bag in it.  At the end,  it was a bowl of very strong "youth papaya green tea". The taste was so bitter that I had to mix some honey with the tea.  It took two hours for me to finish it.  Before drinking the tea, I had only egg sandwiches with cheese for breakfast. Since then, I had eaten nothing except the "youth papaya green tea".   Around two hours after during the tea,  the Gout started to attack again.  It was painful!

My question was, is "youth papaya green tea" supposed to get Gout better? So I searched the web.   Surely, I got articles that suggesting  "youth papaya green tea" for gout.  However, I also found some sites also mentioning "Green tea" is not good for people with high uric acid.

Puzzles solved!  Just like drugs, the dose does matter! Strong tea is the real problem!

In summary, I believe it was the "strong" green tea got me immediate Gout attack.  I believe the  "youth papaya green tea" should work for Gout.  We just need a light dose of green tea.  Also, there are many kinds of green tea. We may need to pick "Longjing Tea".  By the way, strong tea could be bad for stomach. So make sure it is not too strong for drink.

Suggested Reading
1.  Recipe for preparing youth papaya green tea(in Chinese)
2.  'Youth papaya green tea' is good for gout and health (in Chinese)
3.  Green tea not good for people with high uric acid (2nd article) (in Chinese/can be translated in English by Google)




2 comments:

  1. I had the same effect with green tea. I started up drinking green tea at the office.. 1 cup a day. after about 2 days, my toe was feeling the pain..i knew what it was.. I stopped the green tea and drank about 3 litres of water which cleared it up. This was about 3 months ago or so. Currently though, i'm having an attack lasting close to 3 weeks.... in progress...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if you can tell us what green tea you drank.

      Delete